Each and every home is full of electricity and electric appliances that are depended on electricity. When there are any problems with anything that is related to the electricity. Generally, people call and hire an electrician. An electrician is a person who has expertise in electrical wiring of buildings, stationary machines, transmission lines and other related things. Furthermore, in Sydney, each electrician is given a level according to his level of expertise, job experience and other stuff.
There are many level 2 electricians in Sydney. A level 2 electrician basically is an electrician who is more than qualified and authorized to install, repair and maintain both underground and overhead services which run between the customers and the electrical supply network. Their job may also entail disconnecting and reconnecting of electrical systems of different houses from the electrical network, as well as the installation of electric meters.
When to hire a level 2 electrician?
You only need to hire a level 2 electrician when the problem you are facing from is quite technical and complex. For instance, whenever you notice that the power board is glowing red, you should call a level 2 electrician for help since you do not know the reason behind the red color and it might be quite difficult to fix it. Furthermore, if your safety switch keeps turning off whenever you try to turn it on. It is time to hire a level 2 electrician.
Duties and responsibilities of a level 2 electrician
- A level 2 electrician has to dismantle electrical machinery. Moreover, he has to replace defective mechanical and electrical parts such as armatures and brushes.
- They have to install and maintain a lot of different types of motors, generators, lighting fixtures, circuit breakers and transformers.
- They also have to install and monitor the performance of the electrical equipment that they have installed previously, and make any necessary changes, replacements and adjustments accordingly.
- They have the duty to install grounding leads.
- They also have enough knowledge in order to interpret blueprints as well as they are able to work using only sketches and verbal instructions.
- When working one a new job, they have the ability and the authority to lay out, assemble, install, test, repair and adjust electrical fixtures, equipment, apparatus and new services that include the usage of panels, conduit and breakers.
- They can also mount motors, lighting fixtures and transformers into specific places in order to complete the circuit according to the blue prints and diagram.
- Using the appropriate tools, they can repair, install and test electrical circuits, electrical appliances and equipment. Furthermore, they can also repair them.
- A level 2 electrician can also repair electric controls, programmable logic controls and motor control centers, and trouble shoot them.
- Last but not the least, they also have to perform other job related work and duties which are not as important as the work that is mentioned above.