CommercialEdge just released its monthly national industrial report, looking at the US industrial market’s performance through October 2021.
The shortage of computer chips has limited production of countless goods. Billions of dollars are being spent to build chip fabrication facilities statewide, which could have a long-lasting impact on American manufacturing.
Key takeaways from our report:
- CommercialEdge recorded $51B of industrial sales so far this year.
- National industrial rents averaged $6.37 per sq. ft. in October, a 3.5% increase year-over-year.
- The average sale price of industrial assets has climbed all year and now sits at $110 per square foot, an increase of 25% over 2020.
- October closes with 523MSF of new industrial stock under construction, a number that has increased by more than 20% in the last 6 months.
- Industrial vacancy rate was 5.9% across top markets.
For more insights and market-specific data, here’s the link to our full report: https://www.commercialedge.com/blog/national-industrial-report/