Dave Riley, Chairman of Riley Construction Company, is proud to announce several transitions within the firm’s leadership. The moves are a proactive part of Riley’s commitment to creating and developing long-term partnerships with both customers and employees.
“Anyone involved in a family business understands that management needs to stay flexible, and the culture that made the company successful must be continued and protected,” remarked Chairman Dave Riley. “This leadership team has been with Riley the majority, if not their entire career. They all helped build Riley into the successful company we are today and understand how to keep us successful for the next 30 years. The most exciting part of my tenure with the company has been watching these individuals grow as leaders and learn how to provide our customers, both internal and external, best-in-class construction services.”
- Matt Prince has moved from his current role as President to that of Chief Executive Officer. Matt will continue to be involved with daily operations at a high level but will take on overall strategic planning initiatives and work with the rest of the executive team to help Riley reach its organizational goals. Matt has been with Riley since 1996, serving in a variety of roles at both project management and executive levels. He was named the company’s first President outside the Riley family in 2014 and led the firm through substantial growth during his seven-year tenure in the role.
- Ben Kossow, Executive Vice President of Operations, has been named the company’s new President. In his 21-year tenure, Ben has been a vital part of growing the Wisconsin market, most notably in the metro Milwaukee area. Always heavily involved with the industry, he is a longtime board member of the Wisconsin AGC. Ben will work closely with Riley’s executive team to ensure the firm’s financial, strategic, and manpower goals are met.
- Erin Anderson was promoted to Chief Operating Officer. Erin has been with Riley through her entire career, beginning as an intern. Most recently, Erin served as Riley’s Vice President of Project Management. As COO, Erin will oversee Riley’s project, manpower, and financial operations and aid in the establishment and implementation of corporate policies and procedures.
- Vince Montemurro was named Chief Financial Officer after serving as Riley’s Controller for the past 12 years. Vince will be responsible for the analysis of Riley’s current and projected financial status and work with the rest of the executive team to increase growth and profitability.
- Erik Dillon, Project Executive, has been named Vice President. Erik began his career with Riley as an intern in 2006, and has since built relationships with some of Riley’s largest customers. In his new role, Erik will provide executive oversight of key projects and collaborate with executives to pursue new customers, territories, and vertical markets.
In addition to these position changes, Vice President of Preconstruction John Delavan has been named to Riley’s Board of Directors as a company shareholder. Erin Anderson, Vince Montemurro, and Erik Dillon will also join Matt Prince, Ben Kossow, and Dave Riley on the Board as shareholders.
CEO Matt Prince congratulates these company leaders on their accomplishments. “Riley has experienced steady growth over the past decade, but it’s the challenges of the last two years that have really shown the strength our leadership team,” he said. “These individuals helped us navigate through the pandemic and the fundamental changes in how business gets done without losing focus. All of them have proven to be incredible leaders in times of both prosperity and hardship, and Riley would not be where it is without their efforts. It is with much excitement and optimism that we look to the future, taking how we have grown and applying it to our unending pursuit to improve how we plan and execute our clients’ projects and to make their jobs easier.”
About Riley Construction
One of the largest construction management and general construction firms in Wisconsin and Illinois, Riley Construction is headquartered in Kenosha, WI, with four offices strategically located throughout the region. The company provides services in the municipal, industrial/manufacturing, healthcare, corporate/commercial, education, and pharmaceutical markets. Projects include new, expansion, renovation and restoration for a variety of building types. The firm’s core values of Humility, Integrity, Flexibility, and Initiative (HIFI) have led to a strong reputation and an 80% repeat customer base.