Dow (NYSE:DOW) announced a new product extension of VORASURF™ Silicone Surfactants to support the growing demand for enhanced energy efficiency and sustainable solutions in the rigid polyurethane foam market, with a specific focus on spray and construction applications.
“With the latest additions to our VORASURF™ portfolio, we continue to deliver innovative technologies addressing key market trends for rigid polyurethane foams, improving energy efficiency and delivering a more sustainable solution to our customers,” said Dylan Delapa, global market segment leader for Dow polyurethane additives. “By combining our leading manufacturing integration and global presence, with a deep understanding of the industry, Dow silicone polyethers for spray and construction applications provide the key performance benefits our customers desire.”
Highlighted VORASURF™ Silicone Surfactant products:
· VORASURF™ SF 2937 Additive for rigid closed cell applications offering superior shelf life in polyurethane systems formulated with HFCO-1233zd(E) blowing agent
· VORASURF™ RF 5358 Additive for rigid closed cell applications offering enhanced hydrocarbon compatibility, insulation performance, foam flow properties and aesthetics in polyisocyanurate board panels
· VORASURF™ DC 5950 Additive for open cell spray foam applications providing a wider processing latitude and good compatibility with fire retardant additives
· VORASURF™ DC 5980 Additive for open cell spray foam applications with wider latitude
· VORASURF™ DC 5990 Additive for open cell spray foam applications enabling lower density and providing good compatibility with fire retardant additives.
Rossella Riccio, development scientist for Dow’s polyurethane additives, and Sachit Goyal, development scientist for Dow’s polyurethane additives, will present the specifics of these novel silicone surfactants and showcase their performance attributes in rigid polyurethane foam applications during a dedicated webinar on Wednesday, March 23 at 10 a.m. ET. Interested participants are invited to register online.
Dow has collaborated with the polyurethane industry for decades, offering formulators a wide portfolio of solutions, including silicone performance additives, surfactants, and release agents. Formulators around the world also have access to technical support and innovation capabilities to tailor Dow’s advanced, customizable polyurethane additives to address specific performance, sustainability and profitability objectives. For more information about Dow’s silicone polyurethane surfactants portfolio, visit www.dow.com/vorasurf.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) leadership to achieve profitable growth and deliver a sustainable future. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates 104 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $55 billion in 2021. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.