At its annual Awards ceremony, the Associated General Contractors of Georgia (AGC Georgia) recognized outstanding achievements by construction firms and honored the talented and dedicated men and women in the office and field who make up the state’s construction industry.
Construction firms submit their best projects to be judged on criteria such as innovation, safety, dedication, and excellence in project management.
“The workers’ skill, integrity and responsibility – combined with a spirit of innovation and tremendous pride – produce the buildings that contribute to the quality of life enjoyed by the people who live, work, pray, learn and play in communities throughout Georgia,” said Mike Dunham, CEO of AGC Georgia. “This was an exceptional year that included some familiar projects such The Fox Theatre, Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, and State Farm Arena and dozens of others from all regions of our state.”
The Awards are grouped into several divisions and subcategories, such as firm size, project size, and new construction versus renovation. All projects were completed by Georgia construction firms, for work done in the state, and completed during the 2018 calendar year.
2019 Build Georgia Specialty Contractor First Place Award Winners:
Brent Scarbrough & Company
• Costco at Ridgewalk Landing; Woodstock
• Historic Bobby Jones Golf Course; Atlanta
• Women & Infants Center; Atlanta
Greater Georgia Concrete, LLC
• Home Depot Back Yard; Atlanta
Harrison Contracting Company, Inc.
• The Fox Theatre; Atlanta
Marek Interior Systems, Inc.
• HJAIA – Central Passenger Terminal Complex Modernization Airside; Atlanta
Martin Concrete Construction
• UPS Sandy Creek Hub; Atlanta
Mayberry Electric, Inc.
• JLL 12th & 14th Floor Interior Renovation; Atlanta
Precision 2000, Inc.
• Airfield Pavement Repairs; Atlanta
Sports Turf Company, Inc.
• Colquitt County High School’s Athletic Facility; Moultrie
Tebarco Mechanical Corporation
• State Farm Arena; Atlanta
2019 Build Georgia General Contractor First Place Award Winners:
• Addition to the North Cobb Senior Center; Acworth
• Atlanta Motorsports Park Kart Racing Centre; Dawsonville
• Troup County Human Services Building HVAC Replacement; LaGrange
R. W. Allen Construction
• Taylor BMW; Evans
• Project Murphy; McDonough
• UTD4 Expansion; Norcross
• Northside Hospital Atlanta North Tower Addition; Atlanta
• Northside Hospital Cherokee Vertical Expansion; Canton
Brasfield & Gorrie
• Emory Proton Therapy Center; Atlanta
• lilli Midtown; Atlanta
Carroll Daniel Construction Company
• Alliance Academy for Innovation; Cumming
• Clearview Elementary School; LaGrange
• Just People Village III; Flowery Branch
• Mike & Lynn Cottrell Junior Achievement Discovery Center at North Georgia; Cumming
• Pine Street Elementary School; Conyers
Choate Construction Company
• Interface Headquarters, Atlanta
• The Inn at Barnsley Resort and Georgia Hall; Adairsville
Cooper & Company General Contractors
• Good Samaritan Health & Wellness Center Building Addition; Jasper
Garbutt Construction Company
• The Fox Theatre Marquee Club; Atlanta
Gay Construction Company
• Mechanical Trades Institute; Atlanta
Gilbane Building Company
• Van Leer Interdisciplinary Design Commons; Atlanta
Green Heart Enterprises
• Delta TOC1 2nd Floor Modernization; Atlanta
Hogan Construction Group
• Union City Gathering Place Community Center; Union City
Holder Construction Company
• Agnes Scott Rebekah Hall Renovation; Decatur
• HD Supply Headquarters Tenant Improvements; Atlanta
• Sandy Springs City Center; Sandy Springs
JCI General Contractors, Inc.
• Coleman Talley Rehabilitation, Renovation, and Adaptive Reuse; Valdosta
• Colquitt County High School Athletic Addition; Norman Park
• The New Valdosta High School; Valdosta
Kajima Building & Design Group, Inc.
• Southwest 85 Logistics Center; Newnan
• Norfolk Southern Dispatch Center; Atlanta
• Piedmont Healthcare Midtown; Atlanta
LRA Constructors, Inc. & Dukes, Edwards & Dukes, Inc., A Joint Venture
• Commodore Conyers College & Career Academy; Albany
Lusk & Company, Inc.
• Dunwoody United Methodist Church; Dunwoody
New South Construction & Carroll Daniel Construction
• Lanier Technical College – Hall Co. Campus; Gainesville
New South Construction Company
• Nathan Deal Campus of Innovation; Augusta
• Spectrum-1270 Spring St; Atlanta
• Sugar Hill E Center; Sugar Hill
Nix-Fowler Constructors, Inc.
• Group 1 Schools HVAC Renovations; Clayton County
• South Cobb High School Theater Addition; Austell
Parrish Construction Group
• Georgia Grown Building Expansion; Perry
• Lithia Springs Elementary School; Lithia Springs
• Spring Place Elementary School; Chatsworth
• Thomason High School; Thomson
• Walden Athletic Complex; Atlanta
• Butler Audi South Atlanta; Union City
Piedmont Construction Group
• Georgia College & State University Chick-Fil-A Renovations; Milledgeville
R. K. Redding Construction, Inc.
• Gordon Lee Replacement High School; Chickamauga
• Renovations to Red Bud Elementary School Gym & Belwood Elementary School; Calhoun
RA-LIN and Associates, Inc.
• Tanner Medical Center – Villa Rica Expansion; Villa Rica
• University of West Georgia Student Health Center; Carrollton
• Grand Opera House Lobby Renovation; Macon
• OrthoGeorgia Spine Center; Macon
• Piedmont Equine Center; Madison
Sports Turf Company, Inc.
• North Oconee and Oconee High Schools’ Athletic Facility; Oconee
Trident Construction Group
• Kilwins Chocolates; Alpharetta
Van Winkle Construction
• LinkedUP Church Adaptive Re-Use; Powder Springs
Warren Associates, Inc.
• Georgia Department of Corrections Window Replacement Units A-H; Jackson
• Luther Williams Baseball Field Renovations; Macon
J. M. Wilkerson Construction Company, Inc.
• Studioplex Commercial Podium; Atlanta
For more information about AGC Georgia or the Build Georgia Awards, please visit www.agcga.org.
About AGC Georgia
AGC Georgia is a professional trade association and the statewide chapter affiliated with The Associated General Contractors of America, Inc. (AGC of America). AGC Georgia member firms perform a majority of the public and private commercial construction work in Georgia and include more than 600 of the top general contractors, residential/light commercial builders, construction managers, design-builders, municipal-utility contractors, heavy and highway contractors, specialty contractors, service providers, and suppliers. AGC Georgia is one of 89 chapters representing over 27,000 member firms nationwide. AGC of America is the largest and most respected construction trade association in the U.S. For more information, please visit www.agcga.org.